Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Father Time, You Evil Man

Father Time, why are you always picking on me?  Today I found a wrinkle and last week a gray hair.  I know that it was you that forced gravity to do horrible things to my body.  Everything is sagging.  You even whisper nasty things in my children's ears.  Where else would they get such mean things to say?  They tell me, "Mommy you are old."  My favorite is when they ask me, "Mommy are you going to die soon?  That is what old people do when they get old."  Well sir you can throw all the punches that you like, I don't plan on going down without a fight!

Tomorrow when I wake up I am going to exercise to combat gravity.  Furthermore, I am going to color my hair and buy creams for the wrinkles.  I am going to ignore the comments from my children.  Oh, that birthday that is coming up next month, I think I'm just going to skip it.  No matter what you do I will not give up.  I plan to grow old on my terms, not yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment