Thursday, August 19, 2010

The first week of school.

The first week of school has been exciting and challenging.  After six years of being a stay at home mom to five children I was looking forward to this new chapter in my life.  I could not wait to be surrounded by my peers.  I wanted to engage in adult conversations and find friends my own age.  The excitement soon wore off when one student asked me why I was coming back to school at my age and another asked me if I was an instructor.  Although, I am not the oldest student here I am certainly one of them.  I realized that it would be harder than I thought to relate to some of these students.  To make things even more difficult, it has been over a decade since I graduated high school.  It is true that if you don't use what you are taught you lose it.  When the homework started to stack up I began to wonder if I was in over my head.  Even though this week has been hectic, I am still enthusiastic about my decision to go back to school.  I am looking forward to this journey and all the rewards waiting for me at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment